Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted (EARLY)

To avoid long lines I went and voted in the morning of the 31st of October. While waiting in line I had the opportunity to chat with many new friends who were also avoiding long lines. After 40 minutes we finally made it into the poling place where we could cast our ballot for the person of our choice to represent us. It was a bit annoying to have to wait that long to "avoid the long lines" on election day. A bit annoying, but well worth the privilege of voting and taking part of the process.

This morning, Florence called me on her way to work to thank me for voting early. When I asked her how long she waited she told me the longest part was visiting with the poll worker (a neighbor) after voting! Well, I'm glad I could help someone avoid the long lines:-)

Here is an image of a painting by Nick Coleman that has nothing to do with voting or the election.

Enjoy
-David
ps You can sign up for our gallery email list by going to TerraNovaGallery.com and selecting the "Join Our E-mail List" link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

don't forget, your favorite daughter voted at 6:30 pm the day of and avoided waiting in any lines. :)