Monday, May 7, 2007

Kaziah Hancock & Project Compassion

Many of you know Kaziah Hancock and her Hero Series portraits. Recently WLTX TV channel 19 aired a story about her and her portraits. Kaziah is a long-time client here at Hawkinson Photography and we are happy to give her project a plug whenever we can. You can read the story here or view a web stream from this link. Kaziah is amazing! You can learn more about Kaziah at her website www.KaziahTheGoatwoman.com or her official Project Compassion website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

David,

I was just recently priveledged to view the special on Kaziah, and I think this woman has done more to touch my heart than anyone has in a very long time.

I am a retired Navy veteran, the son of a retired Air Force Veteran, the father of an Army veteran, and brother to several Air Force veterans, so the military is in my blood.

Many have given tribute to our heros, past, present and still more to come, but for Kaziah to do this is, well, more than touching.

I have looked for an email address for her, but I suspect out of respect for her privacy, it is kept hidden, and I respect that, but if I could say something to her it would be this. While those of us who wear, or have worn the uniform of an American Fighting Man/Woman, and are rightly deserving the title HERO, none, more so, than you, Kaziah. It takes more than a uniform to be a hero. It takes heart. It takes spirit, and it takes the love of a country as great as yours. The love of those you honor with your gifts of art.

I want to thank Kaziah for the love and compassion she shows for our men and women in uniform.

If you could somehow relay this to her, I would be grateful. If not, it's ok, too.

Thanks,

Darrell Dowd
USN(RET)
dsdowd@gmail.com